Thursday, May 26, 2011

Learn To Knit

My Mom was an avid knitter and crocheter. She made all kinds of things from clothes to playful animals,Halloween costumes to blankets. She would give these items for gifts, donate them for church bazaars and even to the homeless. She and my Granny would sit in front of the television crocheting and knitting hardly looking down at what they were doing. My Mother and Granny were so good at it that they could have probably did it with their eyes closed.

My daughter was probably about 8 when she asked her Grandma to teach her. My Mom thought she was too young. Mom was also a left handed person so it was a bit awkward to teach my daughter too. Unfortunately by the time my daughter was old enough her Grandma had gone to heaven.

Sophia modeling her new hat and scarf
Years later my daughter still had the desire to learn to knit. So she went online to You Tube, watched allot of video's and taught herself.

Since then my daughter has made all kinds of scarves,hats, animals, bootie's and gave them for gifts. She even made a crocheted Mickey Mouse Costume which I will share in another posts. She has even donated hats and squares for various causes. I am very proud of her.

Here are some of the neat things she made in her early days of learning to knit. She was 16 years old last year when she taught herself to knit.   
Hat for baby my daughter made

A sweater my daughter made











Here are some learn to knit video's,you will learn to knit your first scarf. There are 6 video's in all. Don't get discouraged if you keep messing up everyone does. Take your time and enjoy!---

No comments:

Post a Comment