This is a fun project as well. My daughter and I made this for the first time 14 years ago when my daughter was in pre-school. I love this Play-Dough Recipe because it is super easy and quick to make. You can make different colors by making several batches and just change the food coloring. The play dough can be stored in air tight bags or plastic airtight container.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- a few drops of food coloring (color of your choice)
2. Cook over medium to low heat, keep stirring,until the dough comes away from the edges of the pan and becomes thick so it is difficult to move the spoon.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Let play-dough cool in the pan until it can be handled.
5. Turn play-dough out on counter or on wax paper and knead 3 - 4 times.
Lastly, now play and enjoy!!!