Thursday, April 11, 2013

DIY easy to make birdbath


This is a very easy project that you can help the little ones make and then spend hours of fun watching the birds frolic in your backyard while you teach them about nature. Anyways...it's nice to think of our feathered friends.

Here's what you will need to complete this project:

  • grapevine wreath (you can find these for a $1. at the dollar store)
  • twine (again at the dollar store)
  • swallow plastic bowl (.88 cents Walmart)
  • Plastic leaves (I cut a few leaves off of something I had laying around the house.)
  • large metal ring
  • florist wire
  • drill
Basically this picture is self explanatory. What you want to do is basically make a hanging basket type thing using 3 strings of the twine. I cut mine 54 inches each so that I'd have enough to tie on a tree. First I looped the strings of twine through the ring and then all you have to do is basically knot them at the bottom.

Once knotted place your wreath inside the hanger and then place the bowl inside of the wreath. I drilled three holes into my plastic plate and used a little bit of florist wire to secure the plate inside so it was more stable or wouldn't blow out of the wreath. I didn't want to give the poor birds a heart attack if a strong wind came along. (I wish I would have gotten a picture of mine but I gave it to a friend and didn't get one before doing so.) You can fill with water or even food---it's up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment