Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Partridge Art Work

Materials Needed:

  • Burlap
  • Colored fabric
  • Colored buttons
  • Green felt
  • Green duster (from dollar store or some fake grass
  • Old frame
  • Cardboard
  • Glue gun
  • Glue sticks
  • Twigs or pipe cleaners for legs
  • A few bugle beads

Measure your cardboard and cut it to the size of your frame. (You won't need the glass). Spread burlap over cardboard and glue into place. You can also help secure it with a few pieces of duck tape or masking tape. Once the burlap is secured onto cardboard you are ready to begin.

I made 2 bird shaped templates from the cardboard. You will need 1 large bird and 3 small birds (unless you want less or more). You will also need 3 cardboard wings and 1 larger wing. You can draw these free hand and then cut them in cardboard. Once you have your cardboard bird templates cover with colorful fabric and glue them down onto the burlap allowing about 2 inches for your grassy area. I used bugle beads for eyes and pipe cleaners for the legs but I think next time twigs would have looked so much cuter.

For the grass you can either use moss,or Easter grass or like me I used a cleaning mitt that I got from the dollar store. It was green so I cut it apart and then glued it down it bits and pieces. I then added button flowers and green felt stems with bugle beads for the stamens (centers).

Be creative and have FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment