Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sticks & Stones Pebble Plaque

I have to be honest with you I found this great idea on Pinterest. I love,love,love that site. I've discovered and tried so many great ideas from Pinterest. My home looks all the better for it too. I'm literally hopelessly addicted (thanks Jenn! =smile=).
If you haven't tried Pinterest,check it out and I promise once you start you will be hooked. They have EVERYTHING under the sun from crafts, food,sewing,DIY projects,gardening,reupholstering, even decorating ideas...whatever you need can find it there. If you don't see it type it in their search engine and you will most likely find it on Pinterest.                         
 
Here is one I found on Pinterest. This craft is called Sticks & Stones Pebble Plaque. You will need to go outside and search for rocks with your child or possibly buy some from the dollar store. You know everything is available now a days for a price. If I can find marbles this will be my choice.
 
Here are your supplies:
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 cup salt
  • 1.25 cups water (plus up to 1/4 cup more)
  • Pebbles and rocks or maybe some colorful marbles from the dollar store.
    Put ingredients in large bowl and mix the ingredients together on medium until ball forms, if crumbly then add more water. Knead until smooth. Divide into 3 balls and place each on foil and flatten to a disc. Press pebbles/sticks into the dough. Heat in oven at 275 degrees on backing sheet for 2 hours then let cool.

       













      No comments:

      Post a Comment