Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween--Only 11 days left!

Halloween isn't too far away and I was wondering,do you know what you want to be yet? Maybe a monster,a favorite cartoon character or perhaps a unicorn like my daughter.

You don't have to spend lots of money on a costume. Be creative and invent something different. When my sisters and I were growing up we went to Halloween parties and they would always have contests to pick the scariest or best costumes. There was always more than one category and so our Mom would help us come up with some pretty neat costumes.
One year we were Raggedy Ann and Andy. My Mom always made our costumes and we dyed mop heads red to use for our hair. Another year we made a panda bear costume and another a princess. My two favorite costumes were the ones we made for my cosuin and nephew. We made my cousin a werewolf complete with glued on hair and fangs. My nephew we made a mummy. He was about 10 years old and we made him a mummy. We ripped up a old white sheet into 3" strips then we made sure my nephew went to the bathroom---then we began wrapping. He looked so good. We wrapped him form head to toe leaving just his face exposed and then I painted it white and added some black under his eyes to give it a sunken efffect. He looked so good that no one even recognized him and to me that's what Halloween is about.

If you would like to make a mummy costume here is a link to Family Fun where they have instructions and great make-up ideas for Mummy.

Halloween Books--
Duck & Goose Find a Pumpkin
Reviewed on Amazon--"I was walking through the book store looking for books for my 17 month old and this book caught my eye because of the beautiful fall colors. The story is short (but not too short), cute and funny, and I love the illustrations. This is our first duck & goose book and now I can't wait to get more! " For more information


Pinkalicious and the Pink Pumpkin
My 3 1/2 year old daughter loves the Pinkalicious books! She also loves pumpkins (and Halloween, not that this book is specifically about Halloween), so I ordered this book right away when I saw that it was soon to be released. We read it for the first time last night and my daughter loves it!!! It's beautifully illustrated as all the Pinkalicious books are and this one is a "lift the flap" book, which my daughter was especially excited about. The story is cute too! So glad I ordered it! For more information

Night of the Pumpkinheads
For more information

No comments:

Post a Comment