Mod Podge is simple to do. I have made collage pictures, trays, chairs etc..Select your theme and then either use some real photograpghs that you have laying around or select a bunch from some magazines.
For this stool my daughter chose her favorite animal ----DOGS! She actually mixed it up using a few photo's of our dogs and then a bunch of magazine photo's of all kinds of dogs. It's a fun project and it makes a terrific gift for anyone, including yourself!!
- A wooden stool (from any craft and hobbie shop such as AC Moore,Michaels etc...)
- Mod Podge glue (Or you can make it yourself using craft glue--I will give recipe later in this post)
- lots of pictures
- A Sponge paintbrush or a regular large soft paintbrush
- An old plastic tablecloth or some newspapers
- Spread out old cloth or some newspapers on a table
- Set your stool on top of the cloth/newpapers
- Spread one later of glue onto surface of stool and place pictures where you want them to be
- Once pictures are in place you need to paint over them with them mod podge glue
- Let it dry making sure all corners are sticking
- Once it dries you will want to repeat step 4 at least 2-3 more times.
- It will dry very shiny and hard
- Buy any craft glue
- An old jar with a lid
Now fill the empty glue bottle with water 2 times and pour contents into jar. Place the lid on the jar and shake to mix well. Voila! Modpage glue.
Mod Podge Glue