When my daughter was in elementary school she made me a this very craft for Mother's Day. You can't see it well from the photo but in the center is a beautiful poem about handprints. If you Mom (or even Grandma) is a sentimental mush like me trust me she will love,love,love this and treasure your handprints forever!!
- Large piece of colored poster board or colored stock (Needs to be at least 10x13)
- Clear laminating film
- Colored tempra paint (only need 1 color)
- Printer to print out poem
- Print out poem and glue onto the center of the board.
- Quickly put some paint onto your hands either via a paintbrush or sipping them into the paint (you can put some into a flat pan,either way works)
- Now carefully lay your hands down onto the board putting one hand on each side of the board.
- After it is completely dry you can have the child write his name in the middle of the art work and maybe sign it "I love you (insert name).
- Once it is dry have someone help you laminate it. Be very careful as you only get one chance to cover it---it sticks like molasses!
Click onto link and the poem will open. When it opens hit Print. If you have any problems please leave me a message so I can repair it. Thanks!!