Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dragon Fly Pin

I love dragonflies so much that I wrote a story about one by the name of Buzz. Nobody liked Buzz because he was so big, gawky and ugly. Buzz had a heart of gold and he loved to help others. One day he was taking his usual stroll around the countryside when something terrible happened. I can't give the story away but let me just tell you that out of this terrible tragedy came a beautiful friendship. More about Buzz at the end of this post.


I love this craft. You can use it as a pin or dangle it from a fishing wire string and hang it in a window or the car mirror and watch it sparkle,

DRAGON FLY PIN









Below are some books about dragonflies---



"BUZZ, by MJ Daley-Prado, is another wonderfully done children's story by this author. I continue to be in awe of her abilities to capture a child's mind in her continued efforts as a children's author. BUZZ is an inspirational story teaching the age old moral of "don't judge a book by its cover" so to speak as in this case it is a very friendly dragonfly not to be judged by his appearance. BUZZ is a lovely story to be read to help teach morals. The moral of this story never changes and is a valuable lesson to learn for tots and toddlers the same. Its value as a lesson is rich beyond words 5***** Mind Fog Reviews - Anastasia Cassella-Young" 
If you would like to find out more about BUZZ or purchase his story visit here.





"This is an excellent book for a new reader. The wording is simple and easy to understand describing the life cycle of a dragonfly and the illustrations are quite beautiful. I gave this book to my 7 year old grandson and he loves it! I plan to buy more books in this informative, interesting series. I highly recommend it!!" By:Marion@hotmail   

For purchasing information click here.  





"I read this book to my son's first grade class and became the most popular "mom reader" around. For a group of mostly city kids who don't generally think about squishing around in the muck on purpose, this sweet, smart story opened the children's minds to the wonder and beauty of nature, and gave us all some gross (and cool!) things to ponder. The author did a wonderful job of telling a simple yet poignant story about growing up, learning from the world around us, and sharing our love and knowledge with family and friends. The illustrations are equally amazing. And the kids and I loved learning all the names of the different types of dragonflies at the end. This book makes me want to be the kind of mom who isn't afraid of anything gross!" Reviewed by Adancy Austin,TX   

For purchasing information click HERE.        

No comments:

Post a Comment