What you'll need:
- 1 white garbage bag
- Large branch
- Purple and black craft foam
- 3 large buttons
- 6-8 flat marbles
- White craft glue
- 3-4 feet of yarn
- Clear sturdy tape, such as shipping or packaging tape
How to make it:
- Lay branch on work surface.
- Place closed end of plastic garbage bag near the branch. Insert branch into the bag, poking through the side, running branch through the bag and out the other side (see image).
- On the side of the bag that is attached to the branch, use scissors to cut two triangles; these will create the space between the head and arms. (Note: Cut only the two sloping sides of the triangles so that all of the pieces remain attached the bag. See image)
- Tape the excess bag that you just cut, attach it to the branch.
- Cut two ovals from black foam for eyes, and a simple mouth as well. Glue to the head portion of the bag (see image).
- Cut out a simple bow tie from purple foam and glue under smile.
- Glue 3 buttons down the front of the ghost’s body.
- Go to the bottom of your ghost, which is the open end of the bag, and cut a triangle type pattern to create a jagged edge (see image).
- Line up the jagged triangles on top of each other. Glue flat marbles in between a front and back jagged triangle. You do not have to glue them to every one, just put enough in to give your ghost some weight.
- Tie yarn to one end of the branch. Wrap around several times to secure well. Tie the other end of the yarn to the other end of the branch, thus creating your hanger.
Books for Halloween:
by Charles Reasoner"I thought this was a great book for my 14 mo old son. It's durable cardboard and a very cute Halloween rhyme!"
by Sally M.Walker"Druscilla's Halloween" is a children's Halloween tale designed to appeal to ages 5-9. Its unlikely heroine is an eccentric old witch whose creaky knees keep giving her away on her special holiday when she is supposed to tiptoe through town and scare each child (only as much as they want to be scared). The hilarious activities of Druscilla and her cat Drizzle, not to mention her uncooperative donkey and feather-donating chickens make for a fascinating story of the invention of the magic flying boomstick! "Druscilla's Halloween" is a combination of practicality and magic, of belief and persistence, and Druscilla's determination demonstrates that valuable talents can be hidden in very strange packages. "Druscilla's Halloween" is a delightful October tale. The colorful and humorous illustrations add verve and flair to an already bewitching story." To Purchase