Here's a really cool food idea for a Halloween party using hot dogs as the main ingredient. You will never look at a hot dog in the same way again...lol
Here's what you need--
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- Dash Liquid Smoke, optional
- 6 hamburger buns, split
Here's the directions--Cut each hot dog into eight strips. In a large skillet saute hot dogs in oil until golden brown. Add brown sugar,Worcester sauce,mustard and liquid smoke (if desired). Heat through and serve on hamburger buns--Makes 6 servings.
and a craft too--CONE WITCH
This versatile cone witch can be as simple or as extravagant as your child wants it to be. A great project for many different age levels! (**Be sure to visit Kaboose for more wonderful craft ideas.)
Here's what you will need:
- 1 sheet each black and green construction paper
- White craft glue
- ½ sheet each white and purple construction paper
- Red marker, paint pen, colored pencil, or crayon
- Glue stick
- Gold paint pen
- Miniature green pom-pom
- 2 medium yellow wiggle eyes
- Black fine tip marker
How to make it:
- Roll black paper into a cone shape and secure with tape. Use scissors to trim off excess so that the cone will stand on its own. Save black paper scraps for later steps.
- Cut the hat pattern from black paper. Place the hat "donut" on top of the cone and gently slide down. Where the hat brim ends is where you will glue the green strip for the witch's face.
- Cut a two-inch wide strip from green paper and apply glue stick. You will need enough green paper to wrap around the cone. The paper will cross in the back (see tips for an alternate method). Glue the strip in place just under the hat brim.
- Glue the hat brim in place using white craft glue.
- Use the same method as in step 3 to create the belt, but make the width about 3/4 of an inch.
- Cut two leg patterns from the white paper and two shoe patterns from the black paper. Draw red stripes onto the white legs then glue the black shoes to the ends of the legs. Use a gold paint pen to draw buckles onto shoes.
- Fold the legs in half and apply glue stick to the top halves. Insert legs into the bottom of the cone and press against the sides to adhere.
- Cut purple paper into two-inch long strips, about ¼" wide. Glue around the head for the hair and cut a few of the strips into shorter pieces for the bangs.
- Glue on wiggle eyes and pom-pom for the nose, and then add a mouth with black marker.
- For the final touches, use a gold paint pen to add a buckle to the hat and cut a buckle from black paper (or draw on with a marker) and glue to the belt.
The Big Halloween Scare
"Any kid will love this book. This book is so funny that you should not even think twice about buying it- it is a guaranteed hit! There is no doubt that you would not like this book"~Reviewed by "a kid"
Curious George Goes to a Costume Party
"This book is about Curious George going to a costume party. My favorite character in this book was George because he looks at everything in the shop. I liked this book because George can't wait to go to the party. You should read this book because George does everything!"~Reviewed by Neesha