Here's a fun shirt to make for Halloween. Whether it's a T-shirt or a sweatshirt, this design is adorable and all your child's friends will want one! This simple idea is easy to put together but looks like you bought it at the store.
- Fabric paint: black, yellow, orange and white
- Cutting board, thick cardboard or cookie sheet
Note: You can substitute acrylic paint and textile medium for fabric paint.
- White T-shirt
- Candy corn foam stamp or cut your own out of a sponge
- Alphabet foam stamps
- Orange 3D fabric paint
- Waxed paper
- Be sure that T-shirt has been washed and dried before decorating. Do not use fabric softener.
- Place a cutting board, a thick piece of cardboard or a cookie sheet to act as a divider inside the shirt. Lay the shirt flat, then insert a sheet of waxed paper between it and the divider. This will keep any paint seepage from getting through to the other side of the shirt and will also protect your cutting board.
- When applying paint to foam stamps, add a generous amount by dabbing paint on with a paintbrush. Don't use too much that it drips, but apply more than just a swipe.
- Use alphabet stamps and black paint to write out the words "TRICK OR TREAT" across the front of the shirt, "TRICK" at the top left, "OR" in the middle, and "TREAT" to the lower right, using the photo as a guide.
- Use candy corn foam stamps with white, yellow and orange paint to add the candy designs. Again, use the photo as your guide or get creative and place them wherever you like.
- Use orange 3D fabric paint to pipe a border around each candy corn.
- Set shirt aside in a safe place and allow to dry overnight.
- Once completely dry, remove the cutting board and the waxed paper from inside the shirt.
Books related to our subject--
"This is a delightful Halloween version of "The Night Before Christmas". "'Twas Halloween night, and all through the house Every creature was stirring, including the mouse; The walls were aflutter with little brown bats, While hordes of black spiders crept out of the cracks." The digital art illustrations are vibrant, rich in colors and diverse perspectives, and filled with humorous creepy creatures and gorgeous bugs inside a spooky haunted house. In a nice twist, the scary tricksters that include a fairy blowing bubblegum are scared away by the inhabitants of the haunted house, "From the ten little tricksters came ten little shrieks, And away they all ran down the cobblestone street, Dropping their bags and spilling their treats." This wonderful picture book is a perfect read-aloud for a Halloween story time"~Reviewed by Cutler on Amazon FOR MORE INFORMATION
"My daughter loved being able to design a new Halloween costume for Nancy at the end of the book. The only down side was that you can only decorate Nancy once. I was creative though, and copied the last page so that my daughter was able to create 4 different costumes for Nancy. Then I taped the extra pages into the book. This way the book now has 4 different endings"~Reviewed by Crystal Bartley on Amazon FOR MORE INFORMATION