Here's what you'll need:
- ¼ c salt
- ¼ c water
- ½ c flour
- Cookie sheet
- Acrylic paint: yellow, peach, black, white
- Acrylic sealer spray
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, salt, and water. Dough should not be sticky; you should be able to work it in your hands. If it is too sticky add small amounts of flour until you get the consistency that you want. Be careful not to add too much flour as your creations will crack!
- Pull a piece of dough off and form a ball by rolling it in your hands. Flatten he ball of dough onto the cookie sheet, it should be about ½” thick.
- Repeat the above step; only make the second ball a little smaller. Lay it on the cookie sheet and flatten it to ½". Place it carefully over the larger circle and use a knife or the toothpick to cut out a piece of the larger circle to fit the smaller circle into. Carefully push them together.
- Roll small pieces of dough to form the round noses. Flatten in your hand and then place onto the two faces.
- Use a toothpick to draw on the smiles. Be sure to do this step before baking.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 2 ½ hours.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Paint faces yellow and noses peach. Let dry. Repeat for a second coat.
- Use the handle end of the paintbrush to add whites of eyes. LET DRY completely before adding blacks of eyes or they will run together.
- Add blacks of eyes in same fashion as the whites.
- Use toothpick dipped in black paint to draw within the smile lines.
- Get a grown-up to spray the entire surface with acrylic sealer spray.
- Glue a magnet to the back and let dry.
Books related to topic:
"This book is about a little critter that gets to go on a camping trip with his dad. They do alot of different things together, but the little critter always tried to help his dad with everthing and always messed it up. Even though little critter messed some things up they still had a nice time together. I would recommend this book to anyone, because its a nice book to read and learn from. This book teaches that you should spend time with your family and even if you mess anything up still have a nice time with them"Reviewed by "a kid" TO PURCHASE
"This book is great! I bought it for my dad and after he read it, he cried and told me that it was the greatest sentiment any daughter could ever give to her father. I personally love my daddy!" Reviewed by D.Edler TO PURCHASE