Monday, August 15, 2011

Make Your Own Mr.or Mrs.Potato

Mr. Potato Head has been a favorite toy for years. Everyone loves playing with this toy and now you can make your own version with things you may have laying around your house.

Aren't they adorable??

For more fun craft ideas visit Free Kids Crafts

Supplies
Various shaped potaotes
Recycled items from the kitchen to make hats (a plastic lid plus the top of a liquid dishsoap bottle, anything else you can come up with....
Felt

Fabric
Hot glue or high stick craft glue

Books related to our topic:

"I had seen this book at my local library, checked it out and shared it with my two granddaughters, 6 & 4 on a visit. We all loved it!!! They live about 3-4 hours away and now when we talk on the phone we enjoy remembering and reciting from memory some of the words/phrases from this book. It is one of those books that just stay with you. After their visit, I had to return the book to the library. I went right on Amazon and ordered my copy. Thanks
Ellen A Hall"    FOR MORE INFO



"I really enjoyed this book. The story sounded a lot like one I had heard as a kid many years ago, but this one was different. It had a sweeter ending. It is 30 pages long with pretty good text and very good illustrations.

The story is about an old husband-wife farming team who is poor and frugal. One day when their food supply was about to run out they found a large magical iron pot buried on their land which duplicates whatever is put into it. They put some necessaries in the pot and some money - out came twice as much as was put in. The most interesting thing was that the pot worked on people just as it did on things.

I probably would have liked the book better if the main characters had not been so poor and simple. I did not see the point in it. But they seemed like such nice people. 5 stars!            FOR MORE INFO

No comments:

Post a Comment