If you don't have any artisitc ability it's okay. You can buy the kits and just color the designs and punch a hole for the chanin or earring hook. It's very easy and simple to do. and it's lots of fun. Make them for yourself or for gifts.
Marker or Colored Pencils
Needle Nose Pliers
- You can purchase shrink plastic in a kit or sometimes loose but it is difficult to find. We colored ours with colored pencils that came with the kit. They even have some that can be used with a printer and therefore you can use clip art.
- When you get your art the way you want it to look cut it out and punch a hole in it.
- Now place it on a cookie sheet.
- Bake acording to instructions keeping a close eye on it so it doesn't over bake.
- Once your shrinky dinks are baked and cooled, use a needle nose pliers to open the loops on the earring hooks and slip the design on. Next, add a bead. Close the loops with the pliers and you're done.
"I got this for my 12 year old daughter and its been a big hit! The results are quite impressive. She's made earrings, a charm bracelet (of colorful Chinese lanterns) and several necklaces. The kit comes with several sheets of patterns to mix and match. They range from cute to sophisticated designs. If you are looking for a gift for preteens and up, this is a perfect choice."
FOR MORE INFO
"Jewelry doesn't have to be made out of expensive gold, silver, or other precious metals. "Kids! Picture Yourself Making Jewelry" is a fun activity book for elementary grade school children to help them craft simple jewelry that they and their friends will love. Filled with easy to follow instructions, it's the perfect book to entertain child and parent on a rainy afternoon, making "Kids! Picture Yourself Making Jewelry" an ideal acquisition for any with 7-12 year old children"
FOR MORE INFO