Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ribbon Wrapped Headband

I found this cute little craft in Joanne's the other day when I took my daughter to get some fabric for a project.

Supplies you will need:
  • A plain headband
  • 2 yards of 7/8" ribbon
  • 1 and 3/4 yards of 1/4" ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Fabric glue

Directions:
  1. Glue the end of 7/8" ribbon to the inside at one end of the headband.
  2. Wrap the ribbon around the headband and repeat,overlapping each previous wrap slightly until the entire headband is covered.
  3. Cut and glue the ribbon end to the inside of the headband to finish.
  4. Glue the 14" ribbon to the inside of the headband on top of the other ribbon.
  5. Wrap the ribbon around the headband on top of the 7/8" ribbon,spacing the wraps equally apart to create a striped effect.
  6. Finish by gluing the ribbon to the inside of the headband
  7. With the remaining 7/8" ribbon,make a 2 looped bow and glue it onto the top of the headband for added decoration.
***You can make other bands like the ones here by adding decorative cloth daisies,beads,lace and ornamental things.

Books related to our topic:
"I loved this book! I got my first relaxer at 8 or 9 so I have never learned to care for natural hair. This became a big problem when my daughter was born with a head full of it. I got through the baby stage OK, but now she is two and her hair is thick and kinky. After using styles that put too much stress on her hair, big chunks started to fall out and I knew I had to do something. I went to the Web to see if I could find a site or book that talked about hair styles for African-American children. I found Kinki Kreations and went to the nearest Border's the next day. I immediately began to use the tools and suggestions in the book, which was easy to read and understand, and had lots of illustrations. This was incredibly helpful to a novice like me. Within two days I had washed, trimmed, and combed out her hair as the book instructed and put it into little twists. I have never gotten so many compliments on my daughters hair! Her hair has stopped breaking, it's growing rapidly and is strong and healthy. The natural oils recommended have worked wonders. My heart sang when my little girl told me, while admiring her new twists in the mirror, "Mommy, I like my puffy hair". I am indebted to Jena Williams for sharing her knowledge and philosophy in this great little book." Reviewed by:Mocha Mom For more information visit-- AMAZON

"I bought this book for a friend and she loves it!! It is a great book, with easy to follow instructions!" Reviewed by:Joy 
For more information visit--AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment